Cotswold Classic Report by Alison Craggs
This race, which takes in the picturesque Cotswold countryside, has been going for over 30 years.
It’s 10 miles and is described as “fundulating”!
Notable highlights from the race in September were:
- Ros Hall was first lady in her age category and Nadine Hunter was 3rd in hers, both wining prizes – many congratulations;
- Matt Daniels finished 1st for Eynsham Roadrunners in 1 hour 8 minutes and was 5th in his age category;
- Justin Byworth flew in overnight from Brazil to make it. Jane Garton kindly picked him up from Thornhill park and ride just hours before the race started. Even with jet lag he achieved his 3rd fastest time in a 10 mile race – amazing;
- Laura Leach finished 4th in her age category and Jane 6th in hers;
- Marina ran the whole race after 2 years of run/walking it – brilliant;
- It was also great to see Claire Hazleton, Nick Leach, Neil Reeves and Colin Hancox there;
- It was especially nice to see Sheila on “Hillzakiller” – thank you so much Shelia for cheering us all up that hill; and
- The free beer at the end – which went down a treat.