Banbury 15 Report, by Alison Craggs
Thank you for the Chardonnay, which I very much enjoyed. I also enjoyed running the Banbury 15. It was my first time at this event and I’d definitely run it again and encourage others to do so. Here are my reasons why:
· Joker – even if you are not the best runner in the club you can score well in the league with this race, especially if everyone else is at the Jolly Boys and Giggly Girls.
· Value for money – it only costs £1 a mile to enter.
· Quick and easy to get to with parking right next to the start/finish line and race HQ which is the Spiceball Park leisure centre.
· The leisure centre has plenty of lockers for your bags and loads of toilets, so no need to queue before the race.
· It’s a fairly fast out and back course so even if you have never run it before you know what to expect, at least on the way back. It’s described as having some “sizeable hills”, but when you have done Wytham woods and Botley hills it’s practically flat.
· There is a small field of runners so you are never boxed in. It’s ideal if you are training for a Spring half marathon or marathon or just want to try a different distance.
· After party – as you finish the race they call out your name, there’s music playing, the sun was shining, and there are vintage vans offering drinks and food for you to enjoy.
I hope to see the race in the league again next year and see you there!